Over the past 200 years, Johnnie Walker has played a part in some of history's most notable events, been immortalised on screen by Hollywood filmmakers, and sung about by rockstars. It was a pioneering mindset and a boundary pushing approach that took the brand from small town Scotland to glasses across the globe and now they’re looking beyond just being the best whisky in the world, to also being the whisky that’s best for the world.
On top of the pioneering Pulpex paper bottles announced in 2020, their pledge also includes:
- Planting 1 million trees in their native Scotland
- Including a minimum of 60% recycled glass in the core range bottles by 2025 and 100% recycled content in the plastic used in packaging by 2030
- Making glass bottles up to 25% lighter and use recyclable, reusable or compostable packaging material, including secondary packaging such as gift boxes, by 2030
- Having a carbon-neutral production process, running on 100% green energy by 2030
- Reducing the amount of water used to make their whisky by 20%
We’re working hand-in-hand, or should we say – walking step-by-step, with Johnnie Walker to support them on delivering their sustainability goals. Together, we’ll Keep Walking on a journey towards a waste-free future.